Skip the trip, use mobile deposit instead.
With our free mobile banking app, you can quickly, conveniently and securely deposit checks using your mobile phone.
Here’s how it works:
- Endorse your check (see below).
- Choose an account.
- Enter your check amount.
- Take photos of the front and back.
- Review and submit.
What are some tips for making a Mobile Deposit?
- Ensure that the background surface contrasts with the color of the check.
- Make sure that you have ample lighting and avoid using the flash on your camera.
- Ensure your camera lens is clean.
- Once deposited, keep your check in a secure area for at least two weeks to ensure that your deposit has been credited to your account. Once you confirm it has been deposited, destroy the check.
How do I properly endorse a check for Mobile Deposit?
Endorse the back of your checks transmitted through mobile deposit as follows:
- For Mobile Deposit Only
- Citizens State Bank
- Date and Last Four Digits of Account Number
Are there dollar limits for Mobile Deposit?
Yes, there are is a $2,000 per check limit and a daily limit of $2,500.
What if my check amount is higher than my deposit limit?
Please contact your local branch to see if a temporary limit change is available. If not, you can bring it to one of our locations or deposit your check by mail. Be sure to sign the back of your check before mailing.
Citizens State Bank
P.O. Box 378
Arlington, S.D. 57212
What is the daily cut-off time for Mobile Deposit?
You must submit your Mobile Deposits to us by 1:30pm CST in order for credit to be received the same day. Any deposits made after 1:30 will be posted the next business day.
Are all checks eligible for Mobile Deposit?
Most U.S. consumer and business checks are eligible for Mobile Deposit as long as they are legible and not torn or folded. Certain checks are not supported through the remote deposit function and include but not limited to: Savings bonds, money orders, rebate checks, third party checks, stale-dated checks, foreign checks, altered checks and previously returned checks.
What should I do if my deposit is declined?
Deposits may be declined for several reasons. If the reason is lack of endorsement or poor image, this can be corrected and re-submitted. We will notify you by phone or email if a check is declined.